RED Digital Cinema is committed to helping shooters develop hands-on, industry-specific skills through the REDucation ® program. Offering a fully immersive training environment, REDucation provides the on-set and post-production experience needed to feel confident when shooting with any of RED's professional cameras.
This is real-world training taught by industry professionals. REDucation is tailored for all skill levels, from students to working professionals. REDucation instructors teach application knowledge of RED's entire RAW workflow process, from digital acquisition through post production. With REDucation courses offered across the globe—premier RED training is never far away.
3-Day Reducation Class
Led by a team of RED professionals, students shoot and review 4K+ footage on the big screen each day.
REDucation's core course covers:
- Introduction to the DSMC2 System: Experience the modular capabilities of the RED DSMC2 system with various monitoring, lens, and mounting options
- Menu Structure: A complete overview of the camera menus and options
- Exposure Dynamics: Shooting RED in low light, high contrast, and daylight exterior
- Shooting Exercises: Learn best practices whether shooting motion, stills, or in HDRx
- Science of RED: IPP2, Bayer pattern, resolution, codec choices, wavelets, and color science
- R3D Workflow: Post house and DIT overview, archival, editing and grading options
- Daily Screenings: Showcase of 4K footage from students and RED archives
- Data Dynamics: Learn about R3D file management, archiving, data rates, and hardware options
- Color Grading: Demonstrations from industry leaders regarding 4K professional color grading